Woman shot in Royals lot in ICU
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A woman who works in the parking lot between the stadiums that are home to the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals is hospitalized in intensive care after what police say was an attempted murder-suicide.
Kansas City Police Det. Bruce Solomon said Saturday that he thinks the woman is "going to make it."
She was rushed to a hospital after being shot Friday afternoon. A man suspected of shooting her was found dead in a car of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot.
The shooting took place in the parking lot hours before the Royals played the Los Angeles Angels. The Royals issued a statement saying the team was "deeply saddened by the tragic events."
Solomon says authorities haven't determined a motive and continue to investigate.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Los Angeles Angels Team Logo Baseball