Royals call up RHP Jake Odorizzi, 22
Odorizzi, a 2008 first-round pick by Milwaukee who was acquired in the 2010 trade for Zack Greinke, was a combined 15-5 with a 3.03 ERA, striking out 135 and walking 50 in 145 1/3 innings with Omaha and Double-A Northwest Arkansas. The 22-year-old right-hander, went 11-3 with a 2.93 ERA with Omaha after a May promotion.
The Royals also recalled catcher Adam Moore, infielder Irving Falu, left-hander Tommy Hottovy and right-hander Nate Adcock from Omaha, which was eliminated from the Pacific Coast League championship series on Saturday. All but Moore, who was claimed on waivers July 7 from Seattle, and Odorizzi appeared in games this season with Kansas City.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Yankees' Nova leaves with injury, gets MRI
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Alvarez faces 1 over minimum, silences M's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Kansas City Royals Breakers Blue Scoop Neck Long Sleeve Shirt