Espinosa, Morse in Nats lineup
Washington Nationals second baseman Danny Espinosa and first baseman Michael Morse, who both recently have battled minor injuries, are in the starting lineup for the first game of Wednesday's doubleheader against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Espinosa has been experiencing soreness and weakness in his left shoulder over the last week and was not expected to play in Washington's three-game series with the Dodgers.
But after undergoing an MRI on Monday, Espinosa will bat seventh in the Nationals lineup Wednesday.
Espinosa, 25, is batting .250 with 16 home runs, 52 RBIs and a team-leading 19 stolen bases this season. The switch-hitting infielder has played in 144 of Washington's 146 games this season.
Morse will bat fifth after missing the last four games due to a hand injury. The eight-year veteran is batting .285 with 13 home runs and 49 RBIs in just 88 games this season.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck
- Red Sox shut down Yankees behind Lackey
- D-backs spoil Wrigley's 100th with rally in 9th
- Dodgers ruin Hamels' 1st start of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Washington Nationals Big Leaguer Red Raglan T-Shirt