Tigers' Max Scherzer OK for Sunday
Scherzer is scheduled to pitch the opener in Sunday's doubleheader against the Minnesota Twins.
His last start was cut short on Tuesday night after just two innings because his arm felt weak.
Scherzer says he's 100 percent healthy and happy to help his team chase the AL Central-leading Chicago White Sox. If Scherzer avoids a setback, he is scheduled to start the final game of the regular season Oct. 3 at Kansas City.
He leads baseball with 224 strikeouts -- one more than teammate Justin Verlander -- and ranks third in the AL with a .727 winning percentage thanks to his career-best 16-6 record.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Max Scherzer American League Cy Young Winner Dirt Coin Photo Mint