Tigers' Max Scherzer OK for Sunday
Scherzer is scheduled to pitch the opener in Sunday's doubleheader against the Minnesota Twins.
His last start was cut short on Tuesday night after just two innings because his arm felt weak.
Scherzer says he's 100 percent healthy and happy to help his team chase the AL Central-leading Chicago White Sox. If Scherzer avoids a setback, he is scheduled to start the final game of the regular season Oct. 3 at Kansas City.
He leads baseball with 224 strikeouts -- one more than teammate Justin Verlander -- and ranks third in the AL with a .727 winning percentage thanks to his career-best 16-6 record.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ryu, Dodgers 1st to have 3 11-game winners
- Jones' 2 homers power Orioles past Angels
- Ortiz (2 HRs) passes Yastrzemski in Sox rout
- Verlander moves to 3rd in Tigers K's in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Detroit Tigers Max Scherzer #37 Orange T-Shirt