Mike Shannon heads 10 for Frick
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Longtime St. Louis Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon, Canadian announcer Jacques Doucet and radio pioneer Graham McNamee are among 10 finalists for the Ford C. Frick Award.
The honor is presented by the Hall of Fame for excellence in baseball broadcasting. The finalists were announced Tuesday and the award will be presented at the winter meetings on Dec. 4.
Tim McCarver won the award last year.
The other finalists: Tom Cheek, Ken Coleman, John Gordon, Bill King, Eric Nadel, Eduardo Ortega and Dewayne Staats.
Cheek, King and Doucet were the top three in online voting by fans. The other seven were picked by a Hall research committee.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's St. Louis Cardinals Quarter-Zip Red Ice Pullover