Son of Astros' Carlos Corporan dies
Corporan told the team Saturday that Carlos Corporan Jr. had died. The team said he had undergone four heart surgeries since his birth in June 2011.
The team released a statement Saturday offering its condolences to the Corporan family, calling the boy's battle with serious health issues "an inspiration to so many of us."
The 28-year-old Corporan agreed to a minor league deal with Houston in 2010. He hit .269 in 27 games this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Court rules MLB can depose A-Rod's cousin
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- Yankees hit with $28M luxury tax bill for '13
- Pirates sign Ishikawa to minor league deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Houston Astros Jeff Bagwell #5 White Cooperstown Jersey