Braves exercise options of three
McCann, a six-time All-Star, will earn $12 million next season instead of receiving a $500,000 buyout. McCann had surgery after the season to repair the labrum in his right shoulder that could force him to miss the start of the season. He is expected to return to light baseball activities in about four months and could receive full clearance in April.
McCann hit a career-low .230 with 20 homers.
The 37-year-old Hudson will earn $9 million instead of getting a $1 million buyout. He was 16-7 with a 3.62 ERA.
Maholm, 30, will earn $6.5 million rather than receiving a $500,000 buyout. Atlanta acquired Maholm from the Cubs on July 30, and the left-hander was 13-11 with a 3.67 ERA.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Jays shut out Indians, Buehrle still unbeaten
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Replica New York Yankees Brian McCann #34 Home White Jersey