Ricky Romero has elbow surgery
The team said Tuesday that Romero had an arthroscopic procedure to clean up his left elbow. Romero also received platelet-rich plasma treatments to both knees to help the recovery of his quadriceps tendinitis.
The 27-year-old Romero went 9-14 with a 5.77 ERA in the recently completed season. He left his final start of the season on Sept. 30 after three innings due to an injury to his left leg.
Romero's offseason throwing program and preparation for spring training aren't expected to be affected by the procedures, the Blue Jays said.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Toronto Blue Jays Pullover Royal Discover Jacket