U.S. coaching staff for WBC set
DURHAM, N.C. -- Former star pitcher Greg Maddux will join Dale Murphy, Gerald Perry and three former major league managers as the United States baseball team's coaching staff under manager Joe Torre.
USA Baseball announced the staff Monday ahead of the 2013 World Baseball Classic. Former Padres and Phillies manager Larry Bowa will be the bench coach, former Mets skipper Willie Randolph the third base coach and former Angels manager Marcel Lachemann the bullpen and pitching coach.
Maddux, who won 355 games in the major leagues, will also serve as a pitching coach. Murphy is set to be first base coach.
The 2013 World Baseball Classic begins in March.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's New York Mets Victory Royal Tri-Blend T-Shirt