Andruw Jones' wife files for divorce
A divorce complaint filed Monday by Nicole Jones in a suburban Atlanta court says their 10-year marriage is "irretrievably broken."
According to a Gwinnett County police report, the pair had a fight around 1:30 a.m. Christmas Day after Nicole Jones asked her husband to help prepare their home for the morning. She told police Andruw Jones dragged her down a staircase, grabbed her neck and said he wanted to kill her.
Nicole Jones' lawyer, John Mayoue, declined to comment Wednesday. It was not immediately clear whether Andruw Jones had a lawyer.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's New York Yankees League Diva Navy/White Fashion Top