Jose Lopez signs with Yomiuri Giants
TOKYO -- Former All-Star infielder Jose Lopez is headed to Japan.
He has signed with the Yomiuri Giants of the Central League, the country's most popular team and winner of the 2012 Japan Series. According to Nikkan Sports, he agreed to a one-year deal worth $911,000.
The 29-year-old Lopez has spent nine seasons in the majors and was an All-Star with Seattle in 2006. He also has played for the Chicago White Sox, Colorado, Florida and Cleveland. He has a career .262 average with 92 home runs and 480 RBIs.
Lopez played in 15 games last season for Chicago, spending most of the season in the International League. He was member of Venezuela's team at the 2009 World Baseball Classic.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Hamels: Arm 'really good' after pen session
- O's Wieters out several days with ankle sprain
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Seattle Mariners Team Carpet Tiles