Phillies, Antonio Bastardo agree
Bastardo was 2-5 with one save and a 4.33 ERA in 65 games last season. He struck out 81 in 52 innings. He ranked third among major league relievers in strikeouts per nine innings (14.02), trailing Atlanta's Craig Kimbrel (16.66) and Cincinnati's Aroldis Chapman (15.32). Bastardo also held opposing batters to a .207 average (40 for 193), including a .169 average (14 for 83) by lefty hitters.
The 27-year-old Bastardo was one of baseball's most dominant pitchers in 2011 until the final month. He had a 1.42 ERA and allowed just 19 hits in 50 2/3 innings through August that year.
Bastardo was the last remaining arbitration-eligible player for the Phillies this offseason.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Trout ties it in 9th, but A's trump Angels in 11
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Philadelphia Phillies Leader Royal Quarter-Zip Pullover