Rays sign Juan Carlos Oviedo
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Rays have added their second pitcher with a new name.
The Rays agreed Tuesday on a minor league contract with right-hander Juan Carlos Oviedo, who played under the fake name Leo Nunez before an eight-week suspension by Major League Baseball last year for age and identity fraud.
Last month the Rays agreed to a $3.25 million, one-year deal with right-hander Roberto Hernandez, who previously drew a three-week suspension from MLB for playing under the name Fausto Carmona.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Tampa Bay Rays Full-Zip Navy Discover Jacket