Wil Myers invited to Rays camp
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Heralded prospect Wil Myers is among seven minor leaguers the Tampa Bay Rays have invited to major league spring training this month.
The 22-year-old was one of the key acquisitions in an offseason trade that sent pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis to the Kansas City Royals. Myers hit a combined .314 with 37 homers and 109 RBI in 134 games with Double-A Northwest Arkansas and Triple-A Omaha last season.
The Rays also invited first baseman-outfielder Leslie Anderson, infielder Cole Figueroa, right-handed pitchers Matt Nevarez and Jim Paduch and left-handed relievers Jim Patterson and Neil Schenk to big league camp. Pitchers and catchers report on Feb. 12.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cards' Lynn gets win, improves to NL-best 4-0
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
- Nationals activate Span from concussion DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Tampa Bay Rays Evan Longoria #3 Blue T-Shirt