Anthony Swarzak cracks ribs
Swarzak will miss at least the first two weeks of spring training, a setback to his bid for a roster spot as a long reliever.
General manager Terry Ryan said Wednesday that Swarzak was hurt the night of Jan. 25 when he was wrestling with other unnamed Twins. They were together that weekend for the team's annual fan festival.
Swarzak felt soreness on his left side that didn't go away, and he was recently diagnosed with the fractures. Ryan says the 27-year-old right-hander was not in a fight.
Ryan says he's disappointed with the injury but he's appreciative Swarzak didn't try to hide it.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Minnesota Twins Joe Mauer #7 Home White Jersey