Stephen Pryor placed on 15-day DL
Seattle made the move on Monday, the Mariners' first off day of the season. Seattle said a corresponding roster move would be made on Tuesday prior to the opening of a series against Detroit.
Pryor left Sunday's game against Texas with two outs in the eighth inning. He was preliminarily diagnosed with discomfort in the muscle, but was reevaluated on Monday when the tear was discovered. It's another injury hit for the Mariners who already have put starting outfielder Michael Saunders on the disabled list and had injuries problems with Michael Morse and Franklin Gutierrez.
Pryor had appeared in seven of 14 games this season and not allowed a run in 7 1/3 innings pitched.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- D-backs spoil Wrigley's 100th with rally in 9th
- Tanaka says going 24-0 again not impossible
- McGrady makes Skeeters' roster as pitcher
- Cubs say absent Sosa must make amends
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Seattle Mariners Applique Banner Flag