Brett Myers to fly back to Cleveland
Myers lost Friday night's game and said afterward he has been struggling with tendinitis in his throwing arm this season.
Kazmir has been on the DL with an abdominal strain. Saturday's game will be his first major league start since April 3, 2011. He made one rehabilitation start and allowed five hits and one run -- none earned -- in five innings.
The Indians optioned infielder Cord Phelps to Triple-A Columbus to make room for Kazmir on the roster.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ryu, Dodgers 1st to have 3 11-game winners
- Jones' 2 homers power Orioles past Angels
- Ortiz (2 HRs) passes Yastrzemski in Sox rout
- Verlander moves to 3rd in Tigers K's in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Cleveland Indians Navy Color Sheen Wristlet