Brett Myers to fly back to Cleveland
Myers lost Friday night's game and said afterward he has been struggling with tendinitis in his throwing arm this season.
Kazmir has been on the DL with an abdominal strain. Saturday's game will be his first major league start since April 3, 2011. He made one rehabilitation start and allowed five hits and one run -- none earned -- in five innings.
The Indians optioned infielder Cord Phelps to Triple-A Columbus to make room for Kazmir on the roster.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Cleveland Indians Navy Dri-FIT Fly Shorts