Dylan Bundy wants second opinion
BALTIMORE -- Orioles prized pitching prospect Dylan Bundy wants another opinion on his ailing right arm, this time from Dr. James Andrews.
Bundy has been sidelined since developing elbow soreness late in spring training. The right-hander experienced discomfort while throwing from 90 feet on Monday, which spurred him into requesting a second opinion.
Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Tuesday the team has not received the results of Dr. Andrews' examination in Florida.
Showalter says the problem with Bundy's arm is a "flexor mass," which is more the forearm than the elbow. Showalter says an MRI on the elbow "looked good."
Bundy was selected fourth overall in the 2011 amateur draft. He made his professional debut last year and pitched two games during September with the Orioles.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Baltimore Orioles Adam Jones #10 Black T-Shirt