Jays expect Josh Johnson to be OK
Johnson was scratched from a start Friday night because of tightness in his right triceps. Manager John Gibbons says team doctors don't think the problem is serious and the team said Saturday that an MRI came back clean.
Gibbons says Johnson will throw on the side early next week and start a few days later "unless something changes."
Johnson is 0-1 with a 6.86 ERA in four starts since being acquired in an offseason trade with Miami.
The Blue Jays selected the contract of righty Justin Germano from Triple-A Buffalo before Saturday's game. Toronto designated lefty Aaron Laffey for assignment on Friday night after he started for Johnson and walked five in 2 2-3 innings against the Yankees.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
- Agent Boras directs barbs at Jay Z, teams
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Toronto Blue Jays Cross-Body Royal Sheen Purse