Braves place Luis Ayala on DL
ATLANTA -- Braves right-hander Luis Ayala was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday because of an anxiety disorder.
Braves general manager Frank Wren said Ayala began feeling ill on the team's recent 10-game trip and was found to have high blood pressure. Wren said Ayala has been placed on medication to treat the high blood pressure and already is feeling better.
Atlanta acquired the 35-year-old from Baltimore on April 10 for minor league left-hander Chris Jones. Ayala was 0-1 with a 3.86 ERA in five games with the Braves, all in relief.
Carpenter did not appear in a game during a brief stay in Atlanta before he was sent back to Gwinnett on April 22.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Atlanta Braves Alternate Red Jersey