Rockies put Michael Cuddyer on DL
ST. LOUIS -- The Colorado Rockies have placed outfielder Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list with a neck injury and recalled outfielder Charlie Blackmon from Triple-A Colorado Springs. Blackmon was in the lineup batting eighth Sunday against the Cardinals.
The 34-year-old Cuddyer is among the league leaders with a .319 average along with seven home runs, eight doubles and 23 RBIs. He had missed the previous three games with what the team termed an inflamed cervical disk and said Saturday he expected to have an MRI early next week.
The 26-year-old Blackmon was hitting .336 with three homers, 21 RBIs and 35 runs in 31 games. Blackmoni is a career .270 hitter in 69 games during 2011-12.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Pineda in control again, holds Orioles scoreless
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman St. Louis Cardinals Quad Chair With Cooler