Sergio Santos to have elbow surgery
TORONTO -- Blue Jays right-hander Sergio Santos will have surgery this week to remove bone spurs from his pitching elbow and is expected to be sidelined about six weeks.
Santos was placed on the 15-day disabled list April 14 with soreness in his triceps. He had been close to starting a minor league rehabilitation assignment but experienced a drop in velocity while pitching in an extended spring training game last Saturday, prompting another examination.
Santos is 0-1 with 2.08 ERA in five games. He was limited to six games last year because of shoulder surgery.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Source: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Morse agrees to 1-year contract with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Toronto Blue Jays Leader Royal Full-Zip Jacket