Royals put Jarrod Dyson on DL
The speedy Dyson hurt his ankle Wednesday night against the Angels while attempting to scale the outfield wall and rob Mike Trout of a home run. He was forced to leave the game in the eighth inning and an examination by the medical staff revealed the sprain.
Dyson was hitting .268 with a homer and eight RBIs. He had provided a spark for a struggling offense with his ability to cause problems on the basepaths.
Lough was hitting .340 with three homers and three triples for the Storm Chasers, and was riding a 16-game hitting streak that ended May 8. He was in the starting lineup in right field and batting leadoff for the Royals in the opener of a weekend series at Oakland.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Jays shut out Indians, Buehrle still unbeaten
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Boys' Los Angeles Angels Team Logo Red climalite T-Shirt