Rafael Betancourt to have MRI
Asked if he thought he might wind up on the disabled list, Betancourt responded: "No, no. We'll see what's going to come tomorrow."
Betancourt felt some discomfort after throwing a second straight pitch into the dirt. He took a few warm-up tosses as trainers, teammates and coaches huddled around him. He couldn't get loose and walked off the mound.
Betancourt has 10 saves this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fanmats Colorado Rockies Team Carpet Tiles