No problems in Tyler Chatwood MRI
Chatwood left a 3-0 loss to the Cincinnati Reds in the fifth inning on Monday night because his right triceps was sore. He flew back to Denver for an exam and the medical test found nothing significant.
"Very, very good news on Chat," manager Walt Weiss said on Wednesday, before the final game of a series against the Cincinnati Reds. "They just saw a little inflammation in there, nothing major."
Weiss hasn't decided who will take Chatwood's next scheduled start on Saturday against San Diego. He's optimistic that will be the only one he misses.
The Rockies already are missing closer Rafael Betancourt, on the 15-day disabled list with a strained groin.
Center fielder Dexter Fowler was out of the starting lineup on Wednesday night because he felt ill. He was available to pinch-hit.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Colorado Rockies Classic Frozen Rope Baseball Necklace