Chris Perez activated from DL
Perez was sidelined May 27 with right shoulder soreness. While he was out, he and his wife were charged with misdemeanor drug possession after marijuana was mailed to their Ohio home in their dog's name.
Both have pleaded not guilty. Perez declined to speak with reporters Thursday at Camden Yards.
Indians manager Terry Francona says Perez's return will strengthen the bullpen by allowing other relievers to return to their previous roles.
To make room for Perez on the 25-man roster, left-hander T.J. House was optioned to Triple-A Columbus.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Philadelphia Phillies Red Dri-FIT Training Polo