Evan Longoria has sore foot
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Tampa Bay slugger Evan Longoria left Friday night's game against Detroit because of a sore right foot.
The Rays announced that Longoria irritated plantar fasciitis, which has bothered him for the past month. He was limited to the designated hitter role for a few games earlier this month because of the problem.
Longoria will be reevaluated Saturday.
Longoria, who has 17 homers and 47 RBIs in 80 games this season, grounded out in the first inning Friday and was replaced at third base by Kelly Johnson to start the second.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Early brawl mars Brewers' win in 14 innings
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Red Sox notch walk-off victory on O's error
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Tampa Bay Rays Evan Longoria #3 Navy T-Shirt