Drew Pomeranz placed on DL
That was just one injury plaguing the Rockies on Friday night. Carlos Gonzalez, forced to leave Thursday's game against Miami after aggravating the sprained middle finger on his right hand while swinging the bat in the first inning, was held out of the starting lineup. He is day to day.
The Rockies recalled outfielder Corey Dickerson from Triple-A Colorado Springs to take the roster spot created by the disabling of Pomeranz, who was 0-4 with an 8.10 ERA in four starts over two stints with Colorado this season.
Right-hander Collin McHugh, acquired last month from the New York Mets for Eric Young, will take Pomeranz's start on Saturday and make his Colorado debut. The Rockies will have to make another move to add McHugh to the roster.
It will be McHugh's second major league start this season. He took the loss on June 1 while with the Mets against Miami.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez hit on hand, to miss game
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Colorado Rockies Carlos Gonzalez #5 Home White Jersey