Sergio Santos activated from DL
Right-handed starter Brandon Morrow has been placed on the 60-day disabled list to make room on the 40-man roster. Morrow's season is effectively over after he was diagnosed with a nerve injury in his right forearm last week.
The Jays also announced Thursday that right-hander Dustin McGowan has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right oblique strain.
Santos appeared in five games, posting a 0-1 record with a 2.08 earned-run average before being placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right triceps strain on April 14. He had surgery on this right elbow to remove bone spurs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Toronto Blue Jays Turbo Watch