Brewers' William West suspended
NEW YORK -- Milwaukee Brewers minor league pitcher William West has been suspended 50 games following a violation of baseball's minor league drug rules.
West, a left-hander on the Brewers' Arizona League team, was found to have used a drug of abuse.
The suspension came on the same day that baseball disciplined 13 players in a performance-enhancing drug case -- the most sweeping punishment since the Black Sox scandal nearly a century ago.
West's suspension was the 38th under the minor league program. He had four strikeouts and three walks in 5 1-3 innings this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Court rules MLB can depose A-Rod's cousin
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- Yankees hit with $28M luxury tax bill for '13
- Pirates sign Ishikawa to minor league deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The Red Sox rebounded from a tough loss to clinch a spot in the ALCS.
- The Highland Mint Milwaukee Brewers Miller Park Silver Coin Card