Brewers' William West suspended
NEW YORK -- Milwaukee Brewers minor league pitcher William West has been suspended 50 games following a violation of baseball's minor league drug rules.
West, a left-hander on the Brewers' Arizona League team, was found to have used a drug of abuse.
The suspension came on the same day that baseball disciplined 13 players in a performance-enhancing drug case -- the most sweeping punishment since the Black Sox scandal nearly a century ago.
West's suspension was the 38th under the minor league program. He had four strikeouts and three walks in 5 1-3 innings this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Milwaukee Brewers Navy Ice Jacket