Dan Uggla gets rehab start
Uggla will start for the G-Braves on Monday night when they host the Norfolk Tides in suburban Atlanta.
When he went on the disabled list Aug. 13, Uggla was hitting only .186 with an NL-leading 146 strikeouts. He battled eye problems all season before deciding to have the Lasik procedure.
Tyler Pastornicky initially replaced Uggla in the lineup, but he lasted only two games before a collision with outfielder Jason Heyward left the infielder with a season-ending knee injury. The Braves then claimed Elliot Johnson off waivers from Kansas City to fill the void until Uggla returns.
Atlanta leads the NL East by 13 games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Jason Heyward #22 Cool Base Alternate Ivory Jersey w/ Hank Aaron 715th HR Patch