Tyler Chatwood bruises thumb
DENVER -- Colorado Rockies right-hander Tyler Chatwood has left Sunday's game against Cincinnati after being hit in his pitching hand by a line drive in the third inning. He suffered a bruised thumb, the team announced, and is day to day.
Chatwood, who was activated from the 15-day DL before the game, tried to catch Mike Leake's line drive up the middle with his bare hand. He was looked at by a team trainer and stayed in the game.
Chatwood (7-4) was making his first start since going on the DL with elbow inflammation on Aug. 8.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Colorado Rockies Fan V-Neck Purple Half-Sleeve Shirt