Atlanta Braves recall Evan Gattis
The Braves optioned Gattis, a 27-year-old rookie catcher and left fielder, to Triple-A Gwinnett last Friday after he hit .139 in 36 August at-bats. He went 6 for 13 with two doubles and one homer in three games with Gwinnett.
Gattis was the NL rookie of the month for April and May, but has hit .188 with three homers and 15 RBIs since June 1. Though he's played in only 79 games, Gattis is the rookie leader with 47 RBIs and ranks second with 15 homers.
Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Gattis will likely be in the lineup in four of the next five games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Jason Heyward #22 Cool Base Home White On-Field Jersey