Rockies, LaTroy Hawkins agree
Hawkins, who turns 41 on Dec. 21, had a solid season for the New York Mets in 2013. He had a 3-2 record and 2.93 ERA in 72 relief appearances. He also notched 13 saves during the season's final two months, once closer Bobby Parnell began suffering from a herniated disk in his neck.
Hawkins will undergo a physical Thursday.
Hawkins made news last month while headed for a vacation to go dove hunting in South America. He helped subdue and then escort a troublesome passenger off a plane after the Boeing 777-200 made an unscheduled landing in Lima, Peru.
Hawkins also pitched for the Rockies in 2007.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Some say Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton could emerge as one of the game's best hitters.
- Authentic Street Signs New York Mets 'Man Cave' Street Sign