Jason Miller appreciates 'concern'
Former UFC and Strikeforce middleweight Jason Miller issued a public statement Saturday for the first time since his arrest Aug. 13 on suspicion of burglary.
"I appreciate your concern, a lot," Miller said on his Facebook page. "I am doing fine, and although things seem a bit strange right now, I assure you they will make more sense in the future."
Miller later took to Twitter, where he made additional comments concerning his recent behavior and public reaction to it.
"I did some socially unacceptable things last Sunday that for some reason has got some of you to hate me, even though at one time you loved," Miller said." I'm caring for myself."
If everyone turns their back on me and you never see me on TV again that's fine with me. I like living in the woods."
Orange County (Calif.) Sheriff's deputies arrested Miller after allegedly finding him naked on a couch inside Mission Hills Church in Mission Viejo, Calif. The church had been broken into and vandalized.
A church member informed the sheriff's department that a window was discovered to have been broken on the evening of Aug. 11. The window was boarded up, but had been broken into again when Miller was found inside the church.
It is still not known if Miller is responsible for breaking the window on Aug. 11.
He was released from jail on Aug. 14 after posting bail that was set at $20,000. As a result of posting bail, Miller has not yet been formally charged.
The case remains open and Miller must appear in Superior Court of California (County of Orange) on a date that has not yet been made public. He is expected to be officially arraigned upon returning to court.
Miller (18-9, one no-contest) was released by UFC in May following a unanimous-decision loss to CB Dollaway.