UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones has gone on record saying he is against other mixed martial artists using Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
Jones made the comments during a media conference call on Tuesday to promote his upcoming title fight against Dan Henderson at UFC 151 on Sept. 1 in Las Vegas.
Henderson, 41, received the first-ever therapeutic use exemption for TRT from the Nevada State Athletic Commission in 2007. Since then, he's been approved for the treatment in several states.
The former Pride and Strikeforce champion has stated during interviews he suffers from naturally low levels of testosterone and requires the treatment to train.
Jones, 25, stated during the call a professional athlete should have no use for testosterone injections, regardless of his situation.
"Basically, I believe that if you're healthy enough to play a sport you shouldn't take any components, enhancement drugs or testosterone," Jones said.
"Fighters make a lot of money in their 20s and 30s. When they get in their 40s, unfortunately you're in your 40s. You should fight the way you fight in your 40's. I don't think you should be able to take a drug that pretty much gives you the strength of a 30-year-old again.
"That's like me saying, 'I'm not as fast-twitch as I was when I was 20 so let me take something to be 20 again.' Things like TRT and steroids should be for the sick."
Jones holds the distinction as the youngest champion in UFC history. He was 23 years, 242 days old when he defeated Mauricio Rua in March 2011 for the title.
Whether or not his perception of TRT could change later in life when testosterone levels decline, Jones (16-1) implies it won't matter because he'll be out of the sport.
"I want to blow through records, do it at a young age while I'm still in my prime and my brain is intact, then get out of there and explore different avenues at a young age," Jones said.
TRT has become a widely controversial topic in the sport in recent years. Former No. 1 middleweight contender Chael Sonnen, 35, received an exemption from the NSAC for his blockbuster rematch against Anderson Silva at UFC 148.
In May, two veteran UFC fighters Frank Mir, 33, and Forrest Griffin, 33, successfully lobbied for exemptions for separate bouts at UFC 146. Public records obtained by ESPN.com showed both fighters stayed under testosterone limits acceptable to the commission in the weeks leading up to the event.