Strikeforce cancels Nov. 3 event
The event was slated to take place in Oklahoma City and air on Showtime. Strikeforce plans to return to the network in January.
"While we're disappointed with the cancellation, we are looking forward to an even bigger Strikeforce event on Showtime early next year," Showtime executive vice president and general manager Stephen Espinoza said.
Follow us on Twitter
Don't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »
A left wrist injury forced Rockhold to pull off the card earlier this week. Mir withdrew last month with an undisclosed injury.
The Nov. 3 cancellation becomes the third Zuffa-based promotion to be scratched in less than two months. Strikeforce and UFC are run by Zuffa, LLC.
UFC 151 was to be held in Las Vegas.
Strikeforce canceled a card slated for Sept. 29 in Sacramento, Calif., after lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez withdrew after separating his right shoulder during a training session.
Melendez was to defend his 155-pound title against Pat Healy.
It is not yet known if the Mir-Cormier, Rockhold-Larkin or Melendez-Healy bouts will air on Showtime's broadcast in January.
"(We) are already working to put together a stacked card in January," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said.
MORE MMA HEADLINES
- Justino slated to fight Tweet in first defense
- Johnson spoils Gustafsson's homecoming
- Pena returns from knee injury with April 4 fight
- Faber, Assuncao to headline UFC Fight Night