Georges St-Pierre set for 'tough' tilt
St-Pierre (22-2) stopped short of guaranteeing a knockout, but vowed he will take risks to increase the chance of accomplishing his goal at UFC 154.
Condit never has been knocked out in his professional mixed martial arts career.
"It's a tough task, but I work hard and there's always a first time for everything," St-Pierre said Wednesday during a news conference. "I've been training a lot specifically for Carlos Condit, to counter what he does, stuff like that.
"I'm going to go into this fight and not think too much -- let my instincts and reflexes take care of it."
St-Pierre, who had been sidelined by a knee injury, will enter the Octagon for the first time since Aug. 30, 2011, when he defeated Jake Shields at UFC 129. That fight was held in Toronto.
Condit admitted he would prefer to finish St. Pierre early Saturday night, but will not alter his strategy to do so.
Follow us on Twitter
Don't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »
"I'm not going to fight carelessly. I'm not going out there and throw caution to the wind," Condit said. "It's probably not the smartest thing against a fighter like Georges.
"I'm going to implement a tactical game plan and try to get the finish that way. That's what I do in most fights."
Condit (28-5) earned the interim 170-pound title in February with a unanimous decision over former Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz. He has not fought since claiming that title.
St-Pierre will make his sixth defense of the title he reclaimed from Matt Serra during a unification bout in April 2008.