The Disease of Me-lo
By focusing on future roster moves, the Heat waved a white flag on this year
MIAMI -- There are six danger signals for the Disease of Me, the affliction common among teams that leads to the Defeat of Us:
1. Chronic feelings of underappreciation -- focus on oneself.
2. Paranoia over being cheated out of one's rightful share.
3. Leadership vacuum resulting from formation of cliques and rivalries.
4. Feelings of frustration even when the team performs successfully.
5. Personal effort mustered solely to outshine one's teammate.
Read full story