Buss tells Bryant he is the Lakers' franchise 'cornerstone'
Kobe Bryant -- who asked to be traded, backed off the request and then reiterated it on Wednesday -- talked with Los Angeles Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss on Thursday.
"I talked with Kobe this morning and assured him that I share his frustration and, more importantly, I assured him that we will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone," Buss said in a statement released by the team. "I told him that we will keep him apprised of our progress and ...
Read full story
TRADE KOBE OR DON'T TRADE KOBE
Kobe Bryant says he wants out of Los Angeles or does he? Bryant went on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York on May 30 and told Stephen A. Smith that he wants to be traded. Later in the day, Bryant went on Dan Patrick's ESPN Radio Show and said he wants to be a Laker for the rest of his career.
• Smith Show: Kobe says he wants to go
• Patrick Show: Kobe says he wants to stay
• Kobe wants to be traded or not
• Thursday's TrueHoop: Kobe round up
• Thursday's NBA Local: All Kobe edition
• Stein: Kobe situation FAQ
• Simmons: Seven trade possibilities for Kobe
• TrueHoop: Possible Kobe deals
• TrueHoop: Lakers have to get front office in order
• TrueHoop: Phil pushes Kobe's calm button
• Stephen A.'s interview transcript
• Dan Patrick's interview transcript
• Vote: Trade Kobe?
• Get Kobe on your team