Five players, two picks sent to Wolves for Garnett
BOSTON -- Kevin Garnett gives Boston a new Big Three that brings the Celtics much closer to what their old Big Three delivered -- an NBA title.
The Celtics, who have 16 championships but have gone without one for more than two decades, obtained the former MVP and 10-time All-Star on Tuesday in a 7-for-1 deal -- the NBA's biggest trade for one player.
Boston sent the Minnesota Timberwolves forwards Al Jefferson,
Ryan Gomes and Gerald Green, guard Sebastian Telfair and center
Read full story
Boston's Big Ticket
Kevin Garnett is joining Paul Pierce and Ray Allen in Boston as the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Boston Celtics have agreed to a deal.
News• Stein: KG inks extension worth $60M
• Ticket to ride: Deal is done
• Stein: Boston, Minnesota close in on deal
• Will Big Three play in charity game?
Analysis• Stein: Owning up to Minnesota's problems
• Simmons: McHale delivers for C's again
• Hollinger: Big three, but what else?
• Stein: How KG's kicker works
• Stein: KG's uni watch
• McKitish: Fantasy spin on KG in Boston
Podcast• Ray Allen: Complements needed for Big 3
• Bob Ryan: After Big 3, C's roster looks worst
• GameNight: Celtics CEO on Garnett, Allen
SportsNation• Vote: Good trade?
More• Trade Machine: Deal details
• NBA Local: KG edition
• Rumor Central: More trade buzz