Rookie Watch: Checking in on the bigs
Here's an update on how the rookie big men are progressing in the month of March
At the end of 2008, I wrote about the big men in this rookie class. My focus was how rookie bigs often are unfairly criticized. I also suggested that as many as 13 guys from this class have a chance to be solid starters or rotation guys in the NBA.
Three months later, it's time to study the production of all the rookies who play at least some time as a center, the position that typically is the hardest to fill. There are 12 guys who have played at least a few minutes at the 5-spot, though ...
Read full story
NBA Rookie 50
During the regular season, Scouts Inc.'s David Thorpe ranks the rookies and provides observations on the entire class. Rookie 50
Thorpe's weekly reports• 01/06: Who's bringing the D?
• 12/30: Big men making their mark
• 12/23: Hunting for playoff minutes
• 12/17: Mayo takes over No. 1 spot
• 12/10: Westbrook soars into top 10
• 12/02: Augustin races into top 10
• 11/26: Oden climbs back into top 10
• 11/18: Rose takes over No. 1 spot
• 11/11: Mayo jumps into top five
• 11/05: Fernandez shoots to top of the list
• 10/29: The debuts of Rose, Oden
• 10/24: Oden begins season at head of class