STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State forward Renardo Sidney has signed with an agent and will declare for the NBA draft.
The 6-foot-10 junior from Jackson, Miss., averaged 11.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game over two seasons with the Bulldogs. He battled eligibility problems early in his career, and occasionally had discipline issues, including a highly-publicized fight with a teammate in the stands during a tournament in Hawaii.
In a statement from the school, Sidney says he appreciates "Mississippi State giving me an opportunity to play," but wants to follow his "dream of playing in the NBA."
Sidney averaged 14.2 points and 7.6 points during his sophomore season, but his production dipped as a junior. He averaged 9.7 points and 5.2 rebounds per game last year, helping the Bulldogs to a 21-12 record.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Injury won't sideline Warriors' Curry vs. Mavs
- Magic rookie Oladipo to return against Bucks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Mississippi State Bulldogs Grey Groove Ultimate T-Shirt