Renardo Sidney declares for NBA
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State forward Renardo Sidney has signed with an agent and will declare for the NBA draft.
The 6-foot-10 junior from Jackson, Miss., averaged 11.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game over two seasons with the Bulldogs. He battled eligibility problems early in his career, and occasionally had discipline issues, including a highly-publicized fight with a teammate in the stands during a tournament in Hawaii.
In a statement from the school, Sidney says he appreciates "Mississippi State giving me an opportunity to play," but wants to follow his "dream of playing in the NBA."
Sidney averaged 14.2 points and 7.6 points during his sophomore season, but his production dipped as a junior. He averaged 9.7 points and 5.2 rebounds per game last year, helping the Bulldogs to a 21-12 record.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Wolves cool Blazers behind Love's big night
- Clips overwhelm Pelicans in Davis' return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Baden Mississippi State Bulldogs Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball