Dominic Cheek declares for draft
VILLANOVA, Pa. -- Villanova junior guard Dominic Cheek will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter his name in the NBA draft.
Cheek joins guard Maalik Wayns as the second Wildcat since the end of the season to skip his senior year.
Cheek was a 2009 McDonald's All-American and a standout at St. Anthony's High in Jersey City, N.J., before coming to Villanova. He averaged 12.5 points and 3.9 rebounds last season.
Cheek says the time is right to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA.
Villanova coach Jay Wright says he supports the decision.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Granger eyes Friday return after long layoff
- Bulls' Deng to miss second straight game
- Cousins powers Kings to win over Mavericks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Villanova Wildcats Navy Tourney Basketball Performance Shorts