Some details of case released for first time

EAGLE, Colo. -- The woman who accused Kobe Bryant of rape
told investigators the NBA star ignored her entreaties to stop and
said there was no doubt he heard her "because every time I said 'no' he tightened his hold around me," according to documents
released Friday.

The statement is among the never-before-released details from
the woman's interview with Eagle County sheriff's investigators the
day after the incident at a Vail-area resort last summer. Some
details were disclosed months ago, long before the rape charge
against Bryant was dismissed at the woman's request.

The then-19-year-old woman said she and Bryant kissed for
several minutes in his room before he became aggressive and began
groping her.

The woman, who was a front desk employee and had given Bryant a tour of the Cordillera resort, said he put both his hands around her neck and after bending her over a chair, then removed one hand to pull down her underwear.

"At that point I was just kind of scared and I said `No' a few
times," she told the detectives at the sheriff's office about 12
hours after the incident.

Investigator Doug Winters asked how she knew that Bryant heard her.
"Because every time I said 'No' he tightened his hold around
me," she replied.

She said she cried during the encounter, and was scared he would hurt her.

The woman also said she led Bryant to believe she wanted him to hug or kiss her -- she said she thought he was "going to try and
make a move on me" -- but she did not intend to have sex with him.

During his interview with detectives, Bryant said the woman told him she had hoped he would have sex with her, according to the
transcript released Friday. He said the woman never cried and he
repeatedly told detectives the sex was consensual. He also said she
gave him a kiss goodbye before she left his room.

Several times during the questioning, Bryant asked detectives
whether the woman wanted money from him.

Bryant, 26, still faces a federal lawsuit filed by the woman
that seeks unspecified damages for pain and suffering since the
incident last summer. No trial date has been set.

Several news organizations including ESPN and The Associated Press had requested access to the sealed case files, including evidence and witness statements. More will be released late next week by the prosecution once the woman's name and some of her personal history is redacted.

The material from the sheriff's department included 354 pages of court filings; lists of evidence -- mostly clothing, hair, fiber,
blood and other bodily fluids; drafts of investigators' affidavits;
and transcripts of interviews with witnesses, Bryant and the woman.

No physical evidence was made available to reporters. In a
letter sent to the sheriff's department this week, defense attorney
Pamela Mackey said she believed that no clothing or other physical
evidence would be shown to the public. The evidence includes a
Bryant T-shirt stained with the woman's blood.

After the woman said she wouldn't testify in the criminal case,
prosecutors dismissed the felony sexual assault charge against
Bryant on Sept. 1. District Attorney Mark Hurlbert said at the time
he believed a jury would have convicted Bryant, but only if the
woman was willing to testify.

Included in the documents were statements from the first three
people the woman saw after her encounter with Bryant. Trina McKay,
the resort's night auditor, said she saw the woman as she was
leaving to go home, and "she did not look or sound as if there had
been any problem."

But Bobby Pietrack, a bellman and high school friend of the
woman, said she appeared to be very upset.

"As we started to walk to the time clock [she] grabbed my arm
and started to cry and said that Kobe Bryant choked her," Pietrack
wrote in a police statement. "After we clocked out, I asked her to
tell me everything, and that is when she told me that Kobe Bryant
had forced sex with her."

He added: "She was very shaken and she was crying" as they two walked to their cars from the hotel.

Pietrack said he followed her home, a drive of about 20 minutes, told her to tell her parents what happened and left. He said he called the next morning and learned she had not yet told her

The woman had called her former boyfriend, Matt Herr, who wrote in a statement that she was "very upset, claiming that Kobe Bryant had raped her."