Heat-Celtics draws big TV rating
Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals Sunday night on ESPN produced a 7.9 overnight rating. The network said Monday that was up 39 percent from Game 4 of the 2011 Western Conference finals on ESPN between the Mavericks and Thunder.
In Boston, the game had a 20.7 rating, the highest on cable for an NBA playoff game in the market since records started being kept in 2003.
Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program. Overnight ratings measure the country's largest markets.
According to ESPN, the game also set records on ESPN3 and WatchESPN.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Paul: Sitting out possible if Sterling remains
- Cavs still out front in Love talks, sources say
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Finals
- J.A. Adande retweeted
- Brian Windhorst retweeted