Derek Fisher fined $5K for flopping
Fisher's fine was the result of a play in the second quarter when both he and teammate Kevin Martin fell backward onto the floor to take a charge against Houston center Omer Asik. Asik was called for an offensive foul on the play.
Fisher became the second player to be fined under the NBA's new rules against flopping in the postseason. Indiana's Jeff Pendergraph was fined on Sunday.
In the playoffs, the NBA is fining players $5,000 for their first flopping offense, $10,000 for the second offense, $15,000 for the third flop and $30,000 the fourth time.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA Playoffs On ESPN.com
- College Concepts Oklahoma City Thunder Keynote Blue Sleep Pants