Michael Carter-Williams won't play
Brown said the rookie standout, who is averaging 17.7 points and 7.3 assists per game, will not play Wednesday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves and that there is no date for his return.
Carter-Williams will continue to travel with the team but won't play until the infection is gone and the knee has healed.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo ahead of matchup vs. Bulls: No what-ifs
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bulls' Noah says he'll return to face Knicks
- Spurs to be without Parker, Leonard vs. Griz
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.